Welcome to The CPS Foundation
About The CPS Foundation
Who We Are
- The Canadian Power Squadrons Foundation (the CPS Foundation) is a charitable Corporation established in 1975 (Letters Patent November 5, 1975), and is a separate entity from Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons/Escadrilles canadiennes de plaisance (CPS-ECP).
- Today the Foundation is a strong, well-established, successful organization, managed by five Directors elected by Foundation Members at its Annual General Meeting.
- To provide funding for training and study courses and facilities in the field of boating, seamanship, piloting, navigation and safe handling of boats of all kind.
- And to extend support to the objectives of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons
Funding Guidelines, Governance & Grants
- The Foundation retains and invests all donated funds and only disburses the returns, subject to minimum annual distribution requirements established by The Charities Directorate.
- The Charities Directorate decrees there be a separation between the Foundation and CPS-ECP
- Funding is regularly provided to CPS-ECP as Grants for specific projects, at the discretion of the Foundation Directors who consider all suggested projects in the light of usefulness to the organization as a whole.
Success & Management
- Much of the credit for the success of the Foundation goes to the Members of CPS-ECP and many personal donations to the various programs in a special and generous way.
- All donations are placed in a professionally managed investment account to facilitate a solid base to ensure long term financial health.
- Management is provided by a Board of five Directors elected from the Foundation Membership
- Membership in the Foundation is by Director invitation.
- Memorial Log: This is the Foundation's longest-running program dating back to 1975.
- Honour Roll: This is a Squadron or District program and is our most beneficial program in terms of fund building.
- Affinity Pin: This program provides an opportunity for personal recognition and/or participation.
- Online services for donations are currently not available.
- However, you can send your donation request to firstname.lastname@example.org utilizing the appropriate donation form:
By-Laws & Financials