Canadian Power Squadrons Foundation
There are Four Ways to Donate to The CPS Foundation
1. The CPS Foundation Honour Roll
2. The CPS Foundation Memorial Log
3. General Donations to the Foundation
4. Affinity Pin Program
The CPS Foundation Honour Roll
The Honour Roll is the Foundation's main source of income.
The 100% Honour Roll Challenge
The Squadrons that give $1.00 for each member per year, receive a Merit Certificate and are registered on the Honour Roll. For the Districts, their names are entered on the Honour Roll when they donate $1.00 for all of their members within the District per year.
The GOLD Honour Roll Challenge
To participate in the Foundation’s GOLD Challenge, a donation of $10.00 for each Squadron Member or $10.00 for each District Member is required. Several Squadrons and Districts have risen to this challenge and are showing in a very positive, tangible way, their contribution to the success of CPS-ECP.
Please note: Because Income Tax receipts are not issued for Honour Roll Donations, 100% of your donation enters and stays forever in our Capital Account.
The CPS Foundation Memorial Log
The log can also be used to recognize a significant event such as:
In the case of a deceased member, the memorial is acknowledged to the donor(s) and the bereaved family is suitably informed. A numbered receipt will be issued for each donation of $25.00 or more. The charitable receipt issued to individuals can be used in calculating the charitable donations credit for income tax purposes.
General Donations to the Foundation
If you would prefer to make a general donation to the CPS Foundation you may do so using the donation form links available in "Methods of Donation” below.
The CPS Foundation Affinity Pin Program
You may order your Affinity Pin either through the CPS-ECP on-line store or via regular mail to the CPS-ECP National Office as outlined on the Affinity Pin tab.
Methods of Donation Include:
1. By E-Transfer - use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org when setting up through your bank and identify the type of donation (Honour Roll, Memorial Log or General Donation) in the appropriate message window. Funds will be automatically deposited to the bank account of the Foundation and you will receive a transaction acknowledgement from Interac who facilitates e-Transfers for the banking system. A notice of your transfer will automatically be provided to the Foundation Treasurer for recording purposes.
In conjunction with the e-Transfer transaction, please forward the appropriate (Honour Roll, Memorial Log or General Donation) e-transfer donation form, PDF Version or Word Version as an attachment to email@example.com to facilitate documentation processing.
2. By Cheque - You can download the appropriate (Honour Roll Memorial Log or General Donation) donation form (PDF Version) or (Word Version) complete and mail with your cheque made payable to The CPS Foundation to the address noted on the form.
Or you can send your donation request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-888-277-2628 ext. 0157
Notes: Honour Roll and Memorial Log donation form links are available on the respective tabs.
General Donation Form links: